Juventus lost 10 points after a new hearing in the club’s previous transfer deals.
Juventus received a 15-point penalty in January, but it is the highest sports court in Italy This decision was reversed in April And ordered a reconsideration of the case.
The new ruling was announced on Monday, before the team’s away match against Empoli.
The penalty kick lifts Juventus to seventh place in Serie A, outside the European qualification places.
Napoli have already won the Italian league title and were 17 points ahead of second-placed Juventus before the ruling on Monday.
In April, a court in the Italian Olympic Committee (CONI) overturned Juventus’ 15-point penalty from the Italian Football Federation’s (FIGC) Court of Appeal.
It asked the Court of Appeal to review sanctions against the club and some key figures, including former vice-president Pavel Nedved.
Long bans have been imposed on former president Andrea Agnelli, former CEO Maurizio Arrivabene and sporting directors Federico Cherubini and Fabio Paratici It’s stuck now.
Juventus statement He said the club “takes note” of the decision and “reserves the right to read out the reasons for assessing a possible appeal” to CONI.
And she added, “What the Fifth Court established to rule on this matter, which began more than a year ago, arouses great bitterness in the club and millions of fans who, in the absence of clear rules, find themselves subject to severe penalties with the application of penalties that seem to take into account The principle of proportionality.
He added, “While we do not ignore the need for urgency, which Juventus never shied away from during the proceedings, it was emphasized that these are the facts that still have to be evaluated by the judge.”
If Juventus beat Empoli, they will be two points behind Milan, who are in last place in the Champions League, and have two matches left.
The club is also involved in criminal proceedings over its accounting practices, with 12 current and former officials, including Agnelli, likely to face trial.
According to Italian news agencies, a Supreme Court hearing on October 26 will decide whether any final trial will be held in Turin, where the investigation took place, or in Milan or Rome.
Why was Juventus excluded from the points?
The Old Lady have been given a points deduction following an investigation into the club’s previous two-year transfers from 2019 to 2021 by FIFA.
Juventus were accused of stabilizing their budgets through artificial gains of about 60 million euros from club transfers, charges that were found guilty by the FIFA Court of Appeal in January.
However, the club denied any wrongdoing and took its case to a court of the Olympic Committee, Italy’s highest sports court.
The court did not rule on the merits of the case but instead examined the legal validity of the sanctions handed down by FIFA to the club and the directors.
Juventus were among several Serie A clubs cleared of suspicious transfer activity by FIFA’s appeals court last year, but the investigation into the club has been reopened due to new evidence from a separate criminal investigation into their finances.
The initial 15-point penalty was more stringent than the nine-point deduction requested by the CPS, and the club hoped the points deduction would not apply once the case was re-examined.
Who are the individuals involved?
Agnelli and the rest of the club’s board, including former midfielder Nedved, resigned in November while the investigation was in progress.
At the time, a statement said the resignations were “considered in the best social interest to recommend that Juventus equip themselves with a new board of directors to address these issues”.
The club president presided over the club for 13 years, during which time Juventus won nine consecutive Serie A titles and reached the Champions League final twice.
But last year, they lost £220m – a record for an Italian club.
Agnelli and Arrivabene were banned from Italian football for two years, with Nedved banned for eight months.
Cherubini and Paratici were suspended domestically for 16 months and two and a half years, respectively.
Paracci left the club to become managing director at Tottenham ahead of the January ruling, but FIFA extended his worldwide ban in March.
Juventus also faces an investigation by UEFA, UEFA, over possible breaches of the club’s license and financial fair play regulations, which were announced in March.