Have you ever conducted an e-commerce site audit? Do you want to become a professional in it?
For an e-commerce business, auditing is the most important thing.
Audits help obtain an overview of business performance as well as detailed insights into a number of issues.
A website audit helps you discover the changes needed to make your website strong enough to compete online.
You will get a clear idea about whether or not your website is performing as per your expectations.
Furthermore, by not implementing the audit process, you will miss out on a number of sales opportunities that could have come your way.
So here I have come up with some ecommerce audit tips that can seriously help your online store perform well and increase your conversion rate.
Tips for improving your ecommerce site audit
One of the primary ways to increase sales is to have effective content.
The right content helps attract users online and inspire them to buy.
So, for the same reasons, you need to implement the right content strategy to stay ahead of the competition.
This can be easier with visuals.
- Are you providing enough diverse content through your blog? What topics have you covered in the past? Was the content repetitive or not? If the answer is yes, then they are not sure that they will impress your customers anyway. It is very important that you understand the pain points of your customers and come up with content that can relate to them.
- If you are on the verge of a seasonal sale, you must check whether your content is up-to-date and appropriate for the audience.
- Check if the content titles convey the correct message. Are you clear about the value of the online store? Using the right tone and language is also important for attracting customers.
One of the main agendas for conducting product audits is to properly evaluate the website and ensure that customers can easily find what they are looking for. It can be found in Google Analytics.
- When it comes to customer experience, product categories and menus play a vital role. Customers make quick decisions when they are on your website and offering complex structures can never be a good idea. You should ensure that you have attractive category descriptions to optimize categories.
- Check user navigation by looking at analytics, backend and frontend of the website. Optimize the search functionality to ensure it is rendered correctly.
- Take the necessary steps keeping the customers in mind and you can choose usability tests for the same.
Is your website able to perform well during high web traffic? It is definitely important to know this. Moreover, a high speed website will help improve user experience and high conversion rates.
- Check your website for speed and see if you have any speed issues that need to be resolved. You should implement all the best practices that can help you improve speed and also move to quality web hosting. Make sure to compress CSS files and images and apply appropriate redirects. If you are having any speed issues, it will take some time to resolve. It is advised to check the backend if the problem persists for a long time.
- Many websites crash when high traffic is redirected towards them. Do you have any plans to deal with it? This is very important for such unexpected situations.
It is very important to have quality content copy across different pages of a website. Helps the brand build trust and reputation.
- Product pages should be unique and informative. You can use your book for this task. Having good product pages will keep users engaged on the site.
- You should also make sure to add the terms and conditions page along with the delivery and return policy on the website.
- If you use generic or low-quality content on your website, you will fail to apply a personal touch to it. Moreover, using the right words will make your products different from others.
If you’re still using model photos that aren’t related to your clients, it’s time to change them. Create some original images that will connect with your products. Make sure the photos are aspirational.
- Then again, all images must have alt tags in order to be optimized with the website.
- Make sure product photos are taken from different angles in real size. This will help the customers to have a clear idea of the product they are buying. If your customers are not able to know the product, they better turn into unhappy customers in the future.
Taking customer surveys will help you get an insight into how they use your website, but to find out more about that, you can make use of analytics.
- You must ensure that you have an easy to use website navigation that will lead your customers directly to the sale.
- Try to see if customers contact you when they have any problems.
- Check to see which pages are performing well and helping with conversions. Analyzing these pages will help you figure out what works for you.
- It is necessary to check your products properly to know which products are selling easily. Analyzing sales strategies will give you a better idea.
- Analyze and see what you have done as part of customer service. Do you have a FAQ section with the best answers? How can a customer with an inquiry contact you? Did you offer live chat savings? Did you display all contact information correctly?
Performing an ecommerce website audit is part of your future planning.
It helps you to set the right strategies that can help you grow your business and sales.
Make sure you cover all aspects of your business when you do an ecommerce site audit so you can come up with a better solution to increase conversions.